Quite a few stove and fireplace installations I attend, do not satisfy the basic requirements for ventilation. But why is it so important to have ventilation when using a fireplace or a wood burning stove?
As your stove or fireplace burns it uses up the oxygen in the room. If the oxygen in the room is not replaced by additional supplies, it is more likely for the dangerous Carbon Monoxide CO gas to escape back into the room. As the stove burns, it's efficiency deteriorates and it produces more and more CO Carbon Monoxide. This is dangerous for the occupants in the house.